Introduction to the Clausius Inequality Lesson
In Chapter 6, we:
Kelvin-PlanckStatements of the
- Applied both statements of the
- Showed that the
Ideal Gas Temperature Scaleswere identical
thermodynamic temperature scales.
- Studied the
Carnot Cycleand its
- Used the
Carnot Efficiencyto show that energy has quality as well as quantity.
In Chapter 7, we:
- Apply the
2nd Lawto the individual processes that might make up a thermodynamic cycle.
- Introduce a new thermodynamic property called
- Show how this new property can help us analyze both individual processes and cycles.
- Investigate how
entropyis related to other thermodynamic properties.
- Apply what we learn to some very special types of processes:
We begin our study of
entropyby considering the
Confused and have questions? We've got answers. With Chegg Study, you can get step-by-step solutions to your questions from an expert in the field. If you rather get 1:1 study help, try 30 minutes of free online tutoring with Chegg Tutors.
© B-Cubed, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2014. All rights reserved.
Roll your mouse over this box to close.
Join Learn Thermodynamics Advantage
- Download Data Tables
- Download Study Aids
- Homework problem hints and answers
- Get Help from Dr. B in the LT Blog
- 120 day membership
Get it ALL for $5 US