Three Key Terms For The Study of Thermodynamics
- In Lesson 1A, we learned a little bit about the history and nature of thermodynamics.
- In Lesson 1B, we learned the importance of dimensions and units and how to use them to help us solve problems.
- Now, we need to learn the meaning of some key terms that we will use throughout this course. That is the goal of this lesson.
- In this lesson, we will study the terms system, state and property.
- You are probably already familiar with these terms, but they have very specific meanings when they are applied to thermodynamics.
- Because these three terms form the basis for this entire course, it is very important to understand them very well before we move on.
Confused and have questions? We've got answers. With Chegg Study, you can get step-by-step solutions to your questions from an expert in the field. If you rather get 1:1 study help, try 30 minutes of free online tutoring with Chegg Tutors.
© B-Cubed, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2014. All rights reserved.
Roll your mouse over this box to close.
Join Learn Thermodynamics Advantage
- Download Data Tables
- Download Study Aids
- Homework problem hints and answers
- Get Help from Dr. B in the LT Blog
- 120 day membership
Get it ALL for $5 US